Business Coaching Agreement
Agreement between: Michael O. “Coop” Cooper, LovingLeaders, LLC (Coach)and client listed below, (Client) whereby Coach agrees to provide Coaching Services for Client for up to one year from today’s date.
Coaching is an alliance between the Coach and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
1. The Client is responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
2. The Client understands that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, Coach will recommend that Client inform the mental health care provider.
3. The Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in coaching.
The parties agree to engage in a recurring monthly coaching retainer, up to three (3) coaching sessions per month for a maximum of 36 coaching sessions per year. Coaching sessions shall be scheduled the first three weeks of the month. The parties shall meet by phone. The Coach will be available to Client by e-mail and voicemail in between scheduled meetings as time permits.
Schedule & Fees:
This agreement is valid beginning on the date signed below. The fee is $1,000 per month for the coaching retainer and will be paid automatically every 30 days, starting today. The Client is responsible for scheduling all coaching sessions with the Coach. Any time not scheduled during the monthly retainer is forfeited by the Client.
Coaching Session Procedure:
1. The Client will initiate all scheduled calls and will call the Coach’s designated phone number at 415.702.9123 at the appointed time.
2. The calls/meetings shall be 60 minutes in length.
3. The time of the coaching meetings will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time using an online scheduling system, initiated by the Client.
4. If the Coach will be at any other number for a scheduled call, the Client will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time.
5. If the Client calls more than 15 minutes later than the appointed time, the scheduled time will be forfeited by the Client.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound to confidentiality by the International Association of Coaching’s Code of Ethics but is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like in Medicine or Law). The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Coach will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the Coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) that the Coach is required by law to disclose.
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, further coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
Client agrees that it is the Client's responsibility to notify the Coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Coach reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Coach will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
Either the Client or the Coach may terminate this agreement at any time with two (2) weeks written notice.
Except as expressly provided in this agreement, the Coach makes no guarantees or warranties, express or implied. In no event will the Coach be liable to the Client for consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Coach under this agreement for all services rendered up until the termination date.
This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.
If a dispute arises out of this agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Coach agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given. If the dispute is not resolved between the Coach and Client the two parties agree to resolve the dispute through mediation.
Please sign below by entering your name, email address and date. You will be sent a copy of this agreement by email for your records.